Calibration Certificate for Weighing Scales
Name of the all Weighing Scales which should need to have Calibration Certificate, Government Stamping & Passing Annually
The instruments which come under the provisions of the Act for verification and calibration are:
- Platform Weighing Scales calibration certificate
- Industrial weighing scale calibration certificate
- tabletop weighing scale calibration certificate
- Weighing machine on a shops calibration certificate
- bench weighing scale calibration certificate
- Heavy-duty platform weighing scale calibration certificate
- Crane or Hanging weighing scale calibration certificate
- Counting weighing scale calibration certificate
- Laboratory weighing scale calibration certificate
- Jewelry weighing scale calibration certificate
- All type of Electronic weighing machines
Role and Objective of Legal Metrology in Consumer Protection
- Maintain accuracy of Standard of Weights and Measures along with instruments used in commercial transactions by periodical verifications and re-verification.
- Prevent fraudulent use of instruments for short weighted and measurement in the sale of goods or services.
- Prevent the use of Non-Standard Weights and Measures in transactions.
- Ensure only the Licensee Manufacturer/Dealer/Repairer deals with Standard of Weights & Measures.
- Prevent rendering of services none other than by Weights, Measures & Numbers.
- Ensure declaration on the principal display panel on the packed commodity for the information of consumers.
- Ensure that all the declared information is legible, prominent, and as per the specifications so as to safeguard consumers’ interest.
- Check deceptive packages that attract and lure the consumers by the size of packing.
- Check Net Content of the pre-packed commodities
- Ensure declaration of dimensions, weight, or combination on prepacked commodities.
- Registration of Manufacturer/ Packers/Importers so that consumers’ complaints are redressed.
- Ensure standardization of pre-packed commodities in specified quantity.
- Check misleading advertisement with respect to the declaration of MRP viz a viz Net contents.
What are The Legal Metrology Act (Weight & Measure Department)
The Legal Metrology Act, 2009 (1 of 2010) was implemented with effect from 1st of April, 2011. To sell anything in the Indian market one has to comply with the Legal Metrology Act. The basic requirements are:
Every unit of weight or measure shall be in accordance with the metric system based on the international system of units. It also specifies the base unit of all the products. Some of the base units are:
1. Length shall be in meter
2. Mass shall be in kilogram
3. Time shall be in second and so on
- Every enumeration shall be made in accordance with the decimal system
- A person shall quote the price, publish the advertisement, and indicate the quantity of the pre-packaged commodity in accordance with this Act.
- Every reference standard, secondary standard, and working standard shall be verified and stamped in such manner and after payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
- Any transaction of goods, class of goods, or undertakings shall be made by such weights, measure or number according to this Act.
- A product shall be pre-packed in specified standard quantities or number and bears thereon such declarations and particulars in such manner as may be prescribed
|What is the validity period of any Weight or Measure|
|Name of the Weighing Instrument||Validity Period|
|Iron Weights||Two Years|
|Bullion Weights||Two Year|
|Counter Machine||Two Year|
|Beam Scale||Two Year|
|Electronic Scale||One year|
|Platform Machine||One year|
|Steel Meter||One year|
|Volume measures||Two Year|
|Peg measures||One year|
Frequently Asked Questions –
1.) What is a Calibration Certificate?
Ans). Calibration Certificate is the document issued by Weight & Measurement Department (Legal Metrology Department) which ensures that the weighing instrument is working perfectly and shows exact measure value.
2.) Is it necessary to have a Calibration Certificate?
Ans.) According to the Government of India, a Calibration Certificate is a must for every weighing instrument because it comes under public affairs. If the weighing machine owner doesn’t have a Calibration Certificate for the weighing instrument its comes under the punishable act Hefty Fine and Jail provisions are mentioned in the Legal metrology act.
3.) How I apply for the Calibration Certificate for my weighing instrument?
Ans.) For Calibration Certificate call us on 9899008683 (UP Scales) we are the official by weight & measure department & Legal Metrology Department for providing a Calibration Certificate for weighing instrumentss after verifying them.
4.) What are the name common weighing Instruments which need a Calibration Certificate?
Ans.) According to Legal Metrology Act weighing instrument which needs calibration certificate is Weights (Cast iron weight), Measures, Steel tape measures(fabric tape/folding scales), Dispensing Pumps(Petrol Pumps), Length measures, Weighbridges, Beam Scales, Surveying chains used for land measurement, Counter Machines, Water meter (Domestic), Clinical thermometer, Sphygmomanometer, Taxi Meter, CNG Measuring instruments, Calibration and verification of tank lorry, Oil storage tanks, Automatic gravimetric filling machines, Peg Measures, Automatic Rail Weighbridges, Automatic Road Weighbridges, VATS, Totalizing Automatic weighing instruments (totalizing Hopper weighers), Bulk Meter, Liquid System other than water & volumetric Container type liquid measuring devices
5.) What are Weight & Measures laws? What is the necessity of imposing these laws?
Ans). It ensures uniform enforcement of Standards and connected matters in Ws & Ms throughout the country. The Government has enacted:
- The Legal Metrology Act, 2009
- The Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011
- The Legal Metrology (General) Rules, 2011
- The Legal Metrology (Approval of Models) Rules, 2011
- The Legal Metrology (National Standards) Rules, 2011
- The Legal Metrology (Numeration) Rules, 2011
- The Indian Institute of Legal Metrology Rules, 2011
6.) How can consumers ensure that any Weights & Measures is standard or not?
Ans). Every Weight & Measure used by the dealer is stamped by the W&M Department after due verification, with a special seal indicating the identification of the Inspector and the quarter in which it is verified. The validity of such stamped weights is two years whereas in the case of Counter/Beam/Electronic Balances/Platform scale it is one year. Dispensing unit, eigh bridge verification certificate is issued to the user which is required to be displayed at a conspicuous place by the trader/user.
7.) Is it necessary to display the certificate of verification?
Ans.)It is necessary to display every certificate of verification granted under the Act at a conspicuous place in premises where such weights or measure is being or is intended or likely to be, used in any transaction or for industrial production or for protection.
We have an official Government License from Weight & Measure Department & Legal Metrology Department for Providing Calibration Certificate, Government Stamping & Passing to any weighing Instrument
Gaurav saxena –
UP Scales have official government license to provide calibration certificate for weighing scales annually, thanks UP Scales for providing me on time
Gaurav saxena –
vikash Kumar Gu –
Thanks UP Scales for providing calibration certificate on time, I must recommend UP Scales for weighing scale calibration certificate
vikash Kumar Gu –
maya chaudhary –
UP Scales have complete all solution related to weighing scales, I must recommend UP Scales for weighing scale and calibration certificate
maya chaudhary –